They are primarily resource managers.
The main resource they manage is the computer hardware , as well as the storage media, the processors, the input and output devices, and the data and communication devices.
It is a program that acts as an intermediary between the user and the computer hardware.
It is a system whose purpose is to provide an environment where the user has the ability to run programs.
Basically its main objective is focused on making the operating system work in a pleasant way.
Its secondary objective is that the computer is used efficiently.
Features of the operating system
- An operating system makes using a computer more convenient.
- Byte output processing over the data bus.
- Organize data for safe and fast access.
- Generation of statistics.
- Has error recovery techniques.
- Facilitates the process of sharing data between users and hardware.
- It prevents other users from interfering, they prevent users from blocking each other, informing you in turn if this application is being used.
- Manage network communications. It allows the user to work with high ease everything that deals with the installation and uses of computer networks.
- Facilitates entry and exit.
- It tends to link devices , it must be in charge of communicating with peripheral devices, when the user so wishes.
- It must be constituted in a way that condescends development.
- The software application are programs that are designed to design.
- They are a set of programs that facilitate the platform environment, and in turn allow its design.
- The system includes resources that will need to be used by subsequent systems.
- It works with any other special requirement that the system must respond to.