They are reptilian animals that live in the sea . They make life in the depths of the ocean and come out to the seashore only to nest.
They are cold-blooded animals and are part of the Choloioid family . There are currently 7 species of the sea turtle.
Characteristics of the Sea Turtle
- Their conditions and characteristics make them suitable for living under the sea.
- Its size and color may vary depending on the species.
- They do not have teeth.
- They have a beak-shaped jaw , which allows them to get food in hard-to-reach areas.
- They have a very good and developed sense of smell.
- Their vision is much better when they are in the water than when they are outside.
- They have fur covered ears .
- Their legs were replaced by fins, for greater mobility in the sea.
- The females of this species go to the seashore only to lay their eggs.
- Its life time is long. They can live up to 100 years or more.
- They are calm animals and spend most of their time underwater.
- They regulate their temperature with activities.
- They have a thick and large carapace.
- They can dive to more than 1000 feet.
- Their weight can reach 1500kg approximately and they can measure up to 28 inches long.