Called as the Royal Bengal tiger or Indian tiger , it is an animal belonging to the group of felines.
This majestic animal is a representative icon of India.
In this space we will show you everything you need to know about these beautiful and great animals.
Characteristics of the Bengal Tiger
- They are 100% carnivorous animals . They can eat up to 40 kilos, just in one meal.
- They are considered the largest cats on the planet.
- Its scientific name is pantheras tigris tigris.
- They can weigh between 180 and 250 kg approximately.
- They get to measure more than three meters in length.
- The color of its coat is varied: it can be ocher or reddish orange with dark stripes of black, brown or gray and white or beige on the inside.
- The male tiger can live between approximately 10 and 12 years .
- The female has a life span of 16 years.
- In captivity this animal, either female or male, can live for a period of 26 years.
- They have fangs that can measure approximately 10 cm .
- It is the feline with the largest fangs.
- The male tiger is a solitary animal.
- The female tiger can walk in packs.
- They inhabit savannas and tropical forests.
- This animal is of Asian origin.
- Its reproduction process matures at approximately 4 or 5 years.
- From the age of 4 or 5 they are ready to start the sexual process.
- The mating of these animals can occur at any time of the year.
- The female can have between 2 and 4 cubs, thinking at the time of birth 1kg each.
- Puppies begin their independent lives at approximately 3 years of age.