This technology, whose name was coined in the 1990s, adds elements based on pattern recognition in the real scene. In this way, the software or device will more realistically place the graphic elements in the scene , such as the feeling that a character is standing on the ground, for example.
Augmented reality differs from virtual reality in that the first is the mixture of the real with the virtual , while the second has a vision of only the virtual.
This is undoubtedly a way to create software that entertains us, but also that solves some problems or makes it easier for us to carry out some tasks.
Examples of augmented reality
- Video games like Pokémon Go and Magic Leap
- McDonald’s campaign
- The signals they make in the live game broadcasts on the field.
- Mobile apps like FaceApp and Sephora, a makeup tester.
- Snapchat filters
- Instagram filters
- Pepsi campaign with the bus stop
- IKEA and its App to know how your furniture will look in our house