Access is an English language word that when translated means access. In this case, it is a computer-based program created by the American multinational Microsoft . In this sense, we can say that it is a software or operating system that is responsible for managing databases.
This program is complementary to the complete package offered by Microsoft Word and is responsible for managing various office tasks. The version that was taken out of this program for the first time was made in 1992 and with the passage of time various updates were made in order to improve until we reached what we know today.
Currently, this program is responsible for managing various data through queries and reports that can import information from other sources with other software such as Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Access Features and Benefits
- It facilitates the creation of databases easily and simply.
- Each of the created bases can be perfectly molded or adapted to the needs of each of the creators.
- Its modification can be carried out without the need for a developer.
- The databases can be shared with each other without inconvenience.
- You can interact without any inconvenience with other software such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
- Its installation is fast and super simple.
- It has a fairly intuitive interface .
- Its programming is multi-user .
- It is known to be quite inexpensive when it comes to having to make various databases, compared to other systems that are considered very expensive.
- The data import is effective and simple.
- Tables: The tables with the basic or elementary component of the databases. Or what is the same, a database is mainly composed of several related tables. Tables contain data about something or someone, suppliers, customers, books in a library, purchases, sales, etc.
- Queries: Queries are questions that a user asks the database. With them you can obtain information from several tables and with the structure that interests you the most. In addition, the queries can be archived so that the next time you want to ask the same question you will not have to ask it again, it will be enough to call the previously created query.
- Forms: Forms are a mechanism that greatly facilitates the general operation with tables, mainly when displaying, entering and modifying data.
- Reports : The reports allow to present the information with a highly professional appearance when printing our data.
- Data access pages: A data access page is a Web page that can be used to add, modify, view, or manipulate current data in a Microsoft Access or SQL Server database. Pages can be created to be used for entering and modifying data, similar to Access forms.
- Gather and distribute current data in a variety of ways: Pages can be used to add, modify, and view data in a Microsoft Access database or Microsoft Access project; These pages can be used on the Internet or an intranet and can be sent in an e-mail message.
- View grouped records interactively : On grouped pages, you can view only the details that you want by expanding and collapsing the group headings. Records can also be sorted and filtered.
- Analyze data and make projections: You can organize data in different ways by using a pivot table list; Complex calculations and projections can also be performed using a spreadsheet control; finally, you can see data represented in a graph.
- Show HTML text: HTML code can be stored in fields in the current database and displayed as formatted HTML text on the page. For example, if a field value includes the HTML tag that formats the text in italics, <I> Text </I>, a bound HTML control can be used on the page to display the value in italics.
- Use popular design tools : In Design view, you can create pages using toolbars, the toolbox, themes, and other functions similar to the tools used to create forms and reports.
- Macros: Macros are an automation mechanism in Microsoft Access. Using these it is possible to automate repetitive tasks, eliminating the possibility of introducing operating errors and freeing up time to spend on other activities.