The cells usually have different sizes, shapes and different functions.
10 Cell Examples
- Optical cells: these types of cells are responsible for capturing light information and taking it to the nervous system to later be interpreted.
- Mast cells : these cells are part of the connective tissue where immunological tasks are carried out and serve to trigger defense reactions in the body.
- Chondrocytes: this type of cells belongs to the cartilaginous tissue which are responsible for keeping them standing.
- Leukocytes: these are part of the immune system which is responsible for the defense of the body and some microbial invaders and pathogens that want to harm the body.
- Gametes: these sex cells are differentiated according to the gender of the individual that produces them, either female or male, in which half of the complete genetic load of individuals is found.
- Osteocytes: this type of cell is responsible for assimilating the calcium that the bones need and are of vital importance for the perfect bone function.
- Hepatocytes: these are responsible for the synthesis of proteins that are vital for the production of bile, which is essential for digestive processes.
- Schwann cells: these cover neurons with a layer of myelin, these can be differentiated from the rest of the nerve cells since it provides support and protection.
- Myocytes: this type of cell is elastic which constitutes the muscle tissues which are responsible for the movements of living beings.
- Adipocytes: these form adipose or fatty tissue through the storage of cholesterol and triglycerides.