Another clear example of the transformation of energy is that contained in an active volcano , when it erupts all its energy is converted to what we know as thermal energy.
20 Examples of Energy Transformation
- The solar energy is converted into electrical energy through the use of photocells.
- The wind energy is converted into electrical energy, windmills using generators.
- Wind energy is transformed into mechanical energy, by blades that are moved by the wind.
- The combustion energy, which is in the fuel of a candle, is converted into light energy and heat energy.
- The heat energy of coal is converted to kinetic energy when it moves a train.
- Kinetic energy changes to potential energy when the height of an object changes in the presence of gravity.
- Potential energy is transformed into kinetic energy when a body is dropped into a gravitational medium.
- Tidal energy is converted into electrical energy by using dynamos.
- Thermal energy from fossil fuels is converted into kinetic energy by combustion in vehicle engines.
- The energy contained in home gas tanks is converted into heat energy.
- The energy present in the form of sugars in an apple, is converted biochemically by energy (ATP), which the cells use.
- Solar energy is transformed into thermal energy in a solar oven.
- Electrical energy is converted to heat energy in a lit electric grill.
- Photosynthesis transforms light energy into chemical energy.
- The hydraulic energy of a river is transformed into mechanical energy through mechanisms that move stone mills to grind grain.
- The potential energy present in a soda bottle is released and changes to kinetic energy that squirts the liquid with force.
- The potential energy contained in the water in a dam is transformed into kinetic energy when it is allowed to exit, and in turn is converted into electrical energy through the use of a dynamo.
- The chemical energy present in hydrocarbons such as gasoline is converted into mechanical energy in a car engine.
- The chemical energy present in gasoline and diesel is converted into electrical energy in an electrical generator.
- A Lamp changes electrical energy into light energy and electrical energy.
Types of energy
Next, we will mention some forms of energy and they are the following:
- Potential energy: it is associated with height, that is, when a body is above the ground.
- Kinetic Energy: it is related to the movement of a body.
- Mechanical Energy: it is the result obtained in the sum of the kinetic and potential energy.
- Sound energy: it is related to sound waves.
- Electric Energy: it is related to the movement of electrons.
- Light Energy: it is related to light.
In summary, we can conclude that the transformation of energy occurs when one energy is converted into another and on many occasions it is man who is responsible for carrying out the necessary actions to transform said energy and use it in the various existing processes, both industrial and in the home and other activities. We can also mention these types of energy that arise from its transformation: hydraulic, electrical, thermal, solar, wind, nuclear and geothermal.