In general, protists, because they are unicellular organisms, do not fit into any other category, it is made up of unicellular algae, slime molds.
10 Protista Examples
- Plasmodium falciparum: this type of parasite belongs to the protista kingdom and is the cause of malaria which is transmitted by the mosquito.
- Plasmodium vivax: This parasite is one of the five species of malaria that harm humans.
- Cystoisospora belli: This parasite is known to be the one that causes intestinal disease known as cystoisosporiasis.
- Cyclospora cayetanensis: it causes diseases in humans.
- Plasmodium Knowlesi: This parasite causes malaria in humans.
- Leishmania infantum: This protist is the cause of leishmaniasis in children.
- Plasmodium berghei: This type of parasite is a protozoan and is the one that causes malaria in some rodents.
- Plasmodium gallinaceum: It is a parasitic species which is the cause of malaria in domestic birds.
- Neospora hughesi: This parasite is commonly found in the inflammations that it gives to equines.
- Besnoitia besnoiti: This parasite causes disease in cattle.