In third degree levers the force will always be applied between the fulcrum and the resisting force.
15 Examples of Third Degree Levers
- The stapler has the force at the fulcrum.
- The eyebrow tweezer can be used correctly when pressure is applied.
- He removes staples.
- A fishing rod.
- She cuts nails.
- Tweezers: They work well when pressed.
- The oars.
- The hammer when driving a nail: when you are going to hammer you have to exert a little force.
- The shovel when soil is being removed.
- The pliers.
- The kitchen clamp.
- The hair clips: to be able to collect the hair you have to open the clip since its force is in the center.
- Hooks for pressing clothes.
- The elbow of human beings: when lifting an object, the elbows exert a force.
- The jaw, when chewing food, the jaw exerts a force.
- The nut splitting clamp.
- The knees when lifting weights.
- The broom when sweeping.