Types of virtues
The virtues can be classified into two main types :
Moral virtues: These types of virtues are those that are directly related to the decisions, actions and behaviors that a person takes with respect to ethics and principles, and these are acquired since to develop them, the training that the person has has a great influence. had within his family, and also some other environments such as school and friends. An example of a moral virtue is honesty.
Intellectual virtues: These types of virtues are those that the person acquires thanks to a systematic process of learning, academic training, reflective capacity and interaction with various groups of people who are capable of transmitting this knowledge. An example of this type of virtue is the fact that a person is analytical.
45 examples of virtues classified:
Respect: Respect is defined as consideration for something that is worthy and therefore should be tolerated. An example of respect is given when, despite the fact that a person does not share the beliefs of another, he tolerates them and does not criticize them.
1. When a person who does not practice any religion, listens carefully to the beliefs of his partner, without judging them or trying to convince him otherwise.
2. Another type of example in which respect is given, occurs when, despite being very upset, a person does not raise his voice to another, this because he recognizes his value as a person and his right to be talked about good way.
3. When a person decides not to take his neighbor’s belongings without permission (even though he planned to return them after using them), this is because he is aware that said things are not his property and must first ask for the consent of their owner.
Responsibility: Responsibility is the ability of a person to reflect, guide, analyze and assess the consequences of their own actions.
4. When a person is responsible in his work, he always performs his tasks in the best way, and delivers everything on the stipulated date.
5. When a person goes to a date, even when he had many setbacks to achieve it. He had the option to cancel it but did not do so because he knew he had a commitment to the people who would attend the meeting.
6. When a person fulfills a favor to which he had previously committed, even though he did not have much time to do so and could have used his time on personal matters.
Honesty: Honesty refers to the value of being decent, demure, reasonable and fair.
7. When a person does not take that money that was offered to him for carrying out some wrong action, even though it was a considerably high amount.
8. When a person makes a purchase and receives more change than he was entitled to. Although he could have kept the money, he decides to discuss it with the person in charge and return it.
9. When a person tells the truth about the wrong actions they did, even though they know that this will cause problems later.
Humility: Humility is the ability of a person to know their own limitations.
10. Roberto is the best striker on his soccer team, yet he does not show off his talent and, contrary to this, he always tries to learn from the rest of his teammates.
11. Laura is a literature teacher, and when a student approaches to ask her for help in a personal project, she has the ability to indicate that she is not an expert on that specific topic, and that therefore she is going to recommend one of her colleagues to help you with your work.
12. Enrique is a piano student, and although he has been studying for many years, he always gladly accepts criticism from his teachers, knowing that he still has a lot to learn.
Creativity: It is the capacity that a person develops to be able to develop novel ideas that are useful for society.
13. When he has a problem, Ramiro always takes time out of his day to think of a novel solution for what was presented to him.
14. Rodrigo works in a company where technology is developed, so he is always thinking of a way to improve the products that already exist.
15. Mariana likes to write songs, so she always listens to other composers, and tries to get inspired to create better lyrics and melodies.
Obedience: It is the ability that a person develops to be able to obey the orders of the one or those who are in charge.
16. Ernesto is an 8-year-old boy who always does what his mother tells him, without questioning her.
17. Rita is a teenager who always follows the rules set by her school.
18. Marcela is a high-performance athlete who always carries out the instructions given by her instructor to the letter.
Loyalty: Loyalty is respect or fidelity to one’s own values and moral principles, or to the commitment acquired with someone.
19. Ramón is not going to betray his friends, even under threat, because he knows that they trusted him and he wants to honor that trust.
20. Lorena will not lie to her boyfriend, even when it causes her problems, because she knows that her partner has trusted her and does not deserve to be paid like that.
21. Although she is very upset, Susana will never speak ill of her family with other people, this because she feels part of that social group and does not believe that they deserve that.
Prudence: It is the ability of a person to act fairly and appropriately, always in moderation.
22. Even though she’s very upset with a situation, Claudia won’t start yelling in the middle of a business meeting.
23. Juan has been insulting Pedro in public, however, Pedro will not answer him at that moment, he will wait until he is calmer to speak with him alone.
24. Luis tried to start a fight with Guillermo. Instead of responding to the blows, Guillermo left the place.
Intelligence: Faculty that has the mind to learn, reason, understand or make decisions.
25. Ramiro has the ability to solve complex mathematical problems very quickly.
26. Raúl has the ability to control his emotions so as not to explode at the wrong time (emotional intelligence).
27. Luz can solve puzzles easily as she has the ability to put the pieces together in her mind and come up with a correct answer.
Wisdom: Wisdom refers to the set of broad and deep knowledge that a person acquires through study and experience.
28. Manuel is an expert on the subject of cinema, so he can answer any question.
29. Daniel is an elderly man who has experienced many family conflicts, for this reason, he is able to advise on this issue.
30. Octavio is a person who has studied biology all his life, therefore, he is able to train students who want to acquire this knowledge.
Punctuality: It is an attitude highly valued socially, which consists of organizing and coordinating chronologically in order to accomplish a task or attend an appointment in the period of time stipulated above.
31. Monica always turns in her school assignments on the day and at the time stipulated.
32. Fernanda always meets the deadlines set by her boss.
33. Sofía always goes to her appointments (both personal and work), at the time indicated by the group, not a minute before, not a minute after.
Tolerance: Tolerance consists of the ability to respect the ideas, beliefs and attitudes of others even if they do not agree. Tolerance and respect are two virtues that are closely related.
34. Maria doesn’t like the music her friends listen to, but she doesn’t say anything about it, and she still buys time with them.
35. Jimena and her roommate have different cleaning habits. Sometimes what the other does bothers them, but they try not to make a problem about everything, and let some things pass so as not to damage their coexistence.
36. Fausto and Ramiro argue about a question. They have different points of view but they always listen to the other’s point of view.
Compassion: It is the ability of a human being to understand the suffering of another or others.
37. Estela sees her classmate crying, and although it is not her problem, she worries about her and tries to help her.
38. Horacio sees a family whose car broke down on the road. Although he does not know them, he decides to stand up to help them.
39. Mariana decides to give some of her food to a very poor family that is on the streets.
Goodness: Goodness, as its name implies, is the inclination that a person has towards good.
40. Katia always tries to help people and to tell the truth.
41. Although he really wants to spend his money on a new cell phone, Roberto decides to lend that money to his friend who is in trouble.
42. Laura wants to go out with her friends tonight and her mother will not give her permission. You have the option of lying to him and telling him that this is a study meeting, but he chooses not to.
Cleanliness: It is the good habit that a human being develops to keep his own person, his belongings and those of those around him clean.
43. Mirna cleans herself properly every day. Take a shower and wash your hair and teeth properly.
44. Although she arrives very tired after a long day, Adriana always cleans her apartment at night.
45. Laura has a habit of turning in all her assignments in a presentable manner, without studs or mistakes.