On the other hand, shame also refers to that uncomfortable feeling that people have after not wanting to submit to public derision or simply feeling exposed to the public.
In some countries, expressing that you feel shame for someone or that a person causes a lot of disgrace is one of the worst responses you can have towards someone, therefore, abjection is avoided at all costs.
Types and characteristics
There are two types of dishonor that have been extensively studied by experts of the mind. It’s about toxic shame and vicarious shame .
The first refers to the attitude that occurs in children and adolescents after being victims of some type of sexual abuse.
The second has to do with the attitude that some individuals adopt when showing themselves to be guilty of situations or actions to protect another person.
Anyone who feels this type of blush frequently has the characteristic of being very shy . Speaking in front of the public, dancing in a place with many people and any other type of action that represents attracting attention generates fear.
Finally, when shame is linked to humiliation, it has to do with the lack of dignity or integrity that is felt when starring in a circumstance where some values and self-esteem are lost.
Examples of shame
The following are situations in which people commonly exhibit this feeling.
- When someone speaks ill of a person, the latter eavesdrop on him, and then shows himself to make him feel bad.
- Being in a quiet place and letting out a sound gas.
- Committing an offense such as early pregnancy. Usually girls who get pregnant at an early age tend to feel like indecent people.
- Steal and get caught.
- Fear of speaking in an open forum.
- Uncomfortable feeling for not wanting to sing karaoke when someone insists.
- What children feel when one of their parents does an activity that is not appropriate for their age, leaving them very uncomfortable if they also do it in front of their little friends.
- When parents fail to overcome their children’s attitudes while throwing tantrums in public.