Smart IPTV, according to its acronym in English, which means Internet Protocol TV or internet protocol television , can be determined as a platform to transmit, as its name indicates, television channels; Due to the way in which Smart IPTV works, the channels are transmitted through a broadband according to what the user decides. In this way, you can buy a specific channel to watch a series or a movie that catches your attention.
In general, traditional television channels have always left their transmissions so that you can receive them with an antenna, a satellite or a cable. But these same channels, both terrestrial and satellite digital ones, also transmit their broadcasts almost simultaneously in direct streaming or on demand, although with different protocols than those we are used to on the web .
What IPTV does is create a private and direct network between the operator that offers you the channels and the user, so that you can receive these channels without connecting to the Internet just by having the router or decoder turned on. The channels are transmitted on demand, and the operator reserves part of your bandwidth for IPTV. Thus, if you have contracted 100 megabytes, the IPTV may have assigned about 30 or 40 and the rest is left for your conventional Internet use.
How does it work?
As we mentioned earlier, the Smart IPTV service involves the use of a broadband connection ; the user accesses the platform and selects the channel they want to watch, connects to the appropriate device to transmit the content, that is, a Smart TV and the content is enjoyed; With this method you are only charged for the content that the person wants to see.
It is important to keep in mind that, by default, this service does not have any television channel, so to be able to watch a series or a movie it will be necessary to start choosing the programs that you want to see.
You should also be aware that the channels still have advertising so you have to be careful that the most influential people in the family (such as young children or the elderly) do not expose themselves too much to this content and do purchases that provoke arguments in the house.
Advantages and disadvantages
- It transmits its open signal through the internet platform, that is, online .
- You must register, and you need a decoder to receive, decompress and decode the signal.
- The quality of the connection depends to a great extent on the bandwidth of the internet with which you work.
- The connection must be exclusive for viewing the TV packages, otherwise you could have a problem with receiving it.
- It has its own decoders.
- You can record one or more shows at the same time.
- You can directly receive the signal.
- You depend on an operator.
- The packages they offer are usually expensive.
- The wide band is not fully enjoyed since most of it will be directed to the reception of TV channels.
- The service is provided directly to your home, since you cannot see it from another space.